How to load the patch[PS2]: NOTE: This assumes you have downloaded the patch and put it on the root directory of a USB drive.
1. You will need a way to run homebrew. This is usually done by using a hacked memory card that can run Free McBoot. You can create this card but it is easier to buy one online by searching for (PS2 mcboot card).
2. With the McBoot card installed start the PS2 by pressing eject so it does not boot the game.
3. The main PS2 menu will have a new program called uLaunchELF. Scroll to it and press X.
4. Once uLaunchELF starts close the disc tray.
5. Navigate to the menu to and select 'mass:/' with the CIRCLE button. (This is your USB drive)
6. Highlight the patch 'r0006vXXX.elf' and press CIRCLE. The game will boot.
How to bypass a corrupt or faulty update:
1. Run the main patch as normal until you are at the SOCOM 2 main menu.
2. Hold START & SELECT for 5 seconds. Now click ONLINE like normal and the update file on your memory card will be ignored.
How to access the patch menu:
1. Press "L1 + X"(precision users) or "L1 + DPAD Down"(sureshot users) to open the menu.
2. Press "CIRCLE", "TRIANGLE", or click the Close button to close the menu.
How to load the patch[PCSX2]: NOTE: This assumes you have downloaded the patch.
1. Run PCSX2.
2. Select 'System >> Run ELF'.
3. Browse to where you downloaded the patch and double click.